Pokemon Legacies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pokemon Legacies

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Vote for Us!
List of Staff Members

For information about staff positions as well as the method of applying for staff, feel free to visit this thread.

-List currently under renovation-
Affiliates
None yet. Why don't you affiliate?

A thousand mile journey begins with one step~

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Flamelunar
Trainer
Trainer
Flamelunar

Tokens : 8792

A thousand mile journey begins with one step~ Empty
PostSubject: A thousand mile journey begins with one step~   A thousand mile journey begins with one step~ EmptySun Jun 22, 2014 9:47 am

Twilight happily hummed as she strode down the path, rarely traveled and lined with reeds and weeds and rushes around the edges. Soon the large white building came into view, just at the horizon, peeking over the swell of a mountain. Twilight broke into a sprint, skidding to a halt in front on the doors. She tentatively reached out a hand, when recoiled as soon as the automatic doors opened.

She cast a furtive glance around the lab. Clean. Sterile. Cool. Brushing aside the first words that came to her mind, she stepped in. "Um, excuse me?" She called out, her quiet voice echoing around.
Back to top Go down
Marionette
Admin
Admin
Marionette

Tokens : 10099

PostSubject: Re: A thousand mile journey begins with one step~   A thousand mile journey begins with one step~ EmptySun Jun 22, 2014 4:52 pm

"Why hello there," a voice called out from farther into the lab. It belonged to a youthful teen who lightly gripped a clipboard in one hand. "Don't be shy, come on in," he smiled, beckoning Twilight inside. "Professor Oak is out at the moment... he said something about a boy or a girl, can't remember which..." he trailed off, but seemed to drop the subject. "But I'm temporarily in charge, and you can call me Steven, I'm a research assistant. What can I help you with?"
Back to top Go down
https://pokemonlegacies.forumotion.com
Flamelunar
Trainer
Trainer
Flamelunar

PostSubject: Re: A thousand mile journey begins with one step~   A thousand mile journey begins with one step~ EmptyTue Jun 24, 2014 10:07 am

(Ah, Fenn. Cake~ What's the reward? :3)

Twilight jumped slightly, hopping back a few inches. "Ah, h-hello." She stuttered, before checking herself. Naturally shy around people, she was slightly startled upon hearing the voice suddenly. "I, um, I'm here for my starter pokemon and kit." She practically mumbled, barely audible. She tentatively stepped inside the lab, just far enough to allow the door to slide shut behind her.
Back to top Go down
Marionette
Admin
Admin
Marionette

PostSubject: Re: A thousand mile journey begins with one step~   A thousand mile journey begins with one step~ EmptyTue Jun 24, 2014 11:15 am

(You get 500 Tokens per word, so you can buy all sorts of goodies for your character :3)

"Oh, a new trainer, how exciting!" the assistant said, "I can definitely help with that. Usually I end up with the odd requests... asking what hair products the Professor uses, if I've seen a Bidoof on fire running around, and even if we can make custom paint jobs for the Dexes," he glanced back toward Twilight, "sorry, I was rambling a bit! Let me get your things." He turned and walked to a nearby filing cabinet and unlocked it, taking a starting kit out from inside of it. He set it on a table nestled in front of Twilight. "Were you interested in receiving a starter from us? If you aren't sure, you can meet all of the Pokemon, unless you have a specific choice researched and in mind already," he smiled, "mine was Abra." He paused, the continued, "almost started rambling again. Anywho, if you're not interested in a starter, we can supply you with your kit and an Ultra Ball and you can catch a starter in the wild on your own."
Back to top Go down
Flamelunar
Trainer
Trainer
Flamelunar

PostSubject: Re: A thousand mile journey begins with one step~   A thousand mile journey begins with one step~ EmptyWed Jun 25, 2014 11:32 am

"Can you?" Twilight half slipped there. Referring to the paint jobs on PokeDex's, she hastily changed the subject. "Oh, er, do go on. I don't mind at all~" She almost chirruped. She loved hearing about all pokemon. Slightly disappointed when he stopped about the Abra, she stepped closer. "Would...would it be possible for me to meet the pokemon before making a choice?" She asked hopefully.
Back to top Go down
Marionette
Admin
Admin
Marionette

PostSubject: Re: A thousand mile journey begins with one step~   A thousand mile journey begins with one step~ EmptyWed Jun 25, 2014 7:01 pm

"Of course!" the assistant replied, regarding meeting the Pokemon. Her question about the dexes made him chuckle, and as if he remembered to go back to it, he said, "ah, and unless you want a lopsided Bulbasaur, I'm not sure I'm the right artist to do that for you. I bet there's someone who would though, if you look hard enough," he smiled before shuffling to the back of the lab and retrieving a container that he proceeded to fill with six Pokeballs in total. Carrying it back toward Twilight, he set it onto the table and picked up the first ball. It had a green sticker in the shape of a leaf adorning it, and he tossed it into the air, releasing quite an energetic Bulbasaur.

"Bulba~!" she said in greeting, grinning up toward Twilight and releasing a vine from her back and waving it in an enthusiastic hello. She moved over to allow the assistant to release the next Pokemon, and he did so, allowing a grinning Charmander to take his place in front of the trainer.

"Char!" he said with a wide, crooked grin. He seemed quite charming, and made a small prince-like bow toward the trainer before moving over and standing next to the Bulbasaur. Next came Squirtle.

"Sq-Squirtle," the timid little turtle said in his own greeting, slightly shaking from nerves. He took a deep breath and wagged his tail toward her before quickly moving over to join the other two starters. After a brief pause, the assistant gripped one of the three remaining Pokeballs, tossing one in the air.

"Eevee!" the next Pokemon said in greeting while enthusiastically wagging his tail. His eyes were wide and friendly, dotted with excitement at meeting a new trainer. With a happy skip and jump, he joined the others and allowed Abra to be sent out next.

"Abra..." Abra trailed off in quite a contemplative way. He seemed thoughtful, and though his eyes were closed, he studied Twilight thoughtfully before floating over to the others.

"Pika~!" the final Pokemon exclaimed, and her cheeks sparked slightly. She, just like Eevee, wagged her tail enthusiastically and jumped up and down excitedly and bounding down to join the group.

"Feel free to interact with them, and take your time," the assistant said with a wide grin.
Back to top Go down
Flamelunar
Trainer
Trainer
Flamelunar

PostSubject: Re: A thousand mile journey begins with one step~   A thousand mile journey begins with one step~ EmptyFri Jun 27, 2014 10:06 am

(Ah, darn. The Eevee's a male. :'< )

Twilight could barely keep from squealing. Immediately her attention was diverting to the six adorable pokemon in front of her. Each with their own distinct personalities, she felt somewhat bad for picking only one of them, but she knew that most of them would get far better trainers then her. In fact, she might even meet them again sometime.

She grinned back at the Bulbasaur and waved, before walking closer, kneeling and petting the social little plant pokemon on the head. Her attention drifted to the courteous Charmander. She did a little curtsy as best as she could balancing on her toes and squatting. The Squirtle was shy, but so was Twilight, so she could relate to the small male turtle.

The Abra had a vague and mysterious personality which most of the Psychic's she'd taken care of back at her home seemed to share. Maybe it was inherited or something. What really caught her attention was the Eevee and the Pikachu. Something of a personal favourite, Eevee was a versatile being while Pikachu was somewhat alluring in it's simple charm. Both seemed over joyed to see her, well, the feeling was mutual.

The Eevee seemed to have a higher chance of getting chosen, but Twilight would have so much preferred a female pokemon. She ended up gazing blankly at both of them. Snapping out of the trance, she stood up. Her feet were cramping. She didn't say anything, though her mind was in turmoil.
Back to top Go down
Marionette
Admin
Admin
Marionette

PostSubject: Re: A thousand mile journey begins with one step~   A thousand mile journey begins with one step~ EmptySat Jun 28, 2014 10:38 am

(Sorry, the RNG made it so ^^')

The Pikachu and Eevee seemed to sense Twilight's confliction and both edged their way closer to her, grinning widely. Finding their way to Twilight's legs, they both tried their best to comfort her. Pikachu jumped up to her shoulder and nestled her cheek, making a happy little coo while Eevee rubbed against her legs, much like a cat, wagging her tail and making funny faces, trying to make Twilight laugh and get her mind off of her bad emotions.
Back to top Go down
Flamelunar
Trainer
Trainer
Flamelunar

PostSubject: Re: A thousand mile journey begins with one step~   A thousand mile journey begins with one step~ EmptySun Jun 29, 2014 2:22 am

Ignoring the small spark of electricity which passed from the Pikachu to her cheek when the Electric mouse rubbed herself against her cheek, she started giggling at the funny faces the Eevee made. The giggling soon evolved into full fledged laughter. Holding her sides which began to ache soon after, she gently put the Pikachu down and stepped away, walking towards Steven. Once away from the pokemon, she became timid and mild again.

"Excuse me, Steven? Could you please return the pokemon to their pokeballs? I don't want the others to feel bad if I chose one." She said in a low voice, mindful of the large ears and sensitive hearing of some of the pokemon. She had made up her mind. And she was fairly content in the hope that if she ever met any of the other species, she would be sure to strike up a partnership with them, if all their personalities would be such day-brightening ones.
Back to top Go down
Marionette
Admin
Admin
Marionette

PostSubject: Re: A thousand mile journey begins with one step~   A thousand mile journey begins with one step~ EmptyMon Jun 30, 2014 10:46 am

"Of course," the assistant replied with a smile, taking his time to return all of the Pokemon. Eevee and Pikachu seemed hesitant to go, and as Eevee was returned, she shot the trainer a longing gaze while Pikachu actually batted the red light away with her tail in order to give Twilight one last rub of her cheek. After that, she was returned as well.

"They're all settled and comfy," Steven said, "go with your heart, they'll know you made a good choice."
Back to top Go down
Flamelunar
Trainer
Trainer
Flamelunar

PostSubject: Re: A thousand mile journey begins with one step~   A thousand mile journey begins with one step~ EmptyTue Jul 01, 2014 10:33 am

(...Juuuuust noticed there is a Unova lab...with Snivy T~T')

Twilight hesitated again in front of the two spheres holding the Pikachu and the Eevee. While the Pikachu was more passionate in showing her affection for the new trainer, the Eevee was more prepared with how to make her feel better, while also being calmer and showing his longing at the same time. Calmness would probably be a good thing in her case of explosive versatility of moods. She quietly reached for the Pikachu and picked up the sphere. Or she could just hang with the reactive nature of the duo.

She smiled and turned. "This is my choice. May I take her?" She asked, calmly for the first time since she had spoken to him. The comforting feel of the red-and-white sphere in her hand seemed to reassure her.
Back to top Go down
Marionette
Admin
Admin
Marionette

PostSubject: Re: A thousand mile journey begins with one step~   A thousand mile journey begins with one step~ EmptyTue Jul 01, 2014 2:14 pm

"Of course!" Steven replied, "take good care of her. Oh, would you like to give her a nickname?" he asked, suddenly remembering the formality of asking such. "And do you need anything else, while I'm at it?" While he spoke with Twilight, he was setting the other Pokeballs atop a storage cabinet. They'd be offered as starters for any other drop-ins that day. Eevee's ball slightly wriggled, but it was hardly noticeable.
Back to top Go down
Flamelunar
Trainer
Trainer
Flamelunar

PostSubject: Re: A thousand mile journey begins with one step~   A thousand mile journey begins with one step~ EmptyWed Jul 02, 2014 10:28 am

"Umm..." While the wiggle was lost on most people, Twilight noticed the small movement. She was used to registering small movements in the surrounding undergrowth around her house all the time. Years of work with pokemon, some more aggressive than others had honed her reflexes. She felt a twinge of regret which pulled at her insides.

How she wished she could pick both and make them happy. No. Make her happy. While she selfishly thought of quite possibly only her happiness, she couldn't help wondering if her pokemon would be equally happy to be in her possession. No, her presence. Merely being around her. They were not objects. They were living creatures with distinctive personalities.

She nearly missed the questions. "Er, I might take it up with Pikachu before deciding on a name first..." She started dropping her voice again. She cast a glance at what was to be in her possession. She was familiar with the Berries, but that was about it. Her gaze swept over the PokeDex and the pokeballs. Clearly not knowing if she was to get anything else, she continued to stare blankly at the pokeball containing Eevee. She knew she wouldn't regret her choice of Pikachu, but...would she...?
Back to top Go down
Marionette
Admin
Admin
Marionette

PostSubject: Re: A thousand mile journey begins with one step~   A thousand mile journey begins with one step~ EmptyFri Jul 04, 2014 9:48 pm

Steven looked from Twilight to where her gaze lead, resting on the Pokeball she seemed focused on. "Don't worry too much about him," he smiled, "he's always squirming around in there and breaking out. Can't keep him in his ball very long," he chuckled, "he'll probably be out and wandering around inca minute or two. Don't trouble yourself too much."
Back to top Go down
Flamelunar
Trainer
Trainer
Flamelunar

PostSubject: Re: A thousand mile journey begins with one step~   A thousand mile journey begins with one step~ EmptySat Jul 05, 2014 10:15 am

"I - I see." She lowered her gaze to the pokeball in her hand. "Well, thank you for helping me. Nice meeting you." She said with a smile as she picked up her kit. She tucked the berries away safely and picked up the PokeDex, pivoting her wrist to look at it from several angles before putting in her bag with a resigned move, not knowing what to do with it. Then she started backing out from the lab.
Back to top Go down
Marionette
Admin
Admin
Marionette

PostSubject: Re: A thousand mile journey begins with one step~   A thousand mile journey begins with one step~ EmptyWed Jul 09, 2014 9:23 am

There didn't seem to be many people wandering around Pallet, even with the nice Summer weather. Of course, the lack of people and the wonderful weather made way for countless wild Pokemon wandering about. Within eyesight, there was a Nidoran with a light blue body, showing that she was female. She was under a nearby tree, and digging under it, perhaps building a den to sleep in for the night.

Nidoran, Female, Level 4
Back to top Go down
Flamelunar
Trainer
Trainer
Flamelunar

PostSubject: Re: A thousand mile journey begins with one step~   A thousand mile journey begins with one step~ EmptyWed Jul 09, 2014 10:29 am

"Ooh, perfect." Here was a chance to try out her new Pokemon. She gripped the pokeball containing her Pikachu and flung it out. While she still hadn't decided a name, she might think up of one later after observing her.

(Do I control the Pikachu?)
Back to top Go down
Marionette
Admin
Admin
Marionette

PostSubject: Re: A thousand mile journey begins with one step~   A thousand mile journey begins with one step~ EmptyWed Aug 06, 2014 4:19 pm

(Yep, she's yours now :3)

Nidoran hadn't yet noticed Twilight nor her new partner Pokemon. She continued her her digging while happily chirping a slight and unrythmic song. She was making quick work, and a small pile of soil was beginning to build up behind her.
Back to top Go down
Flamelunar
Trainer
Trainer
Flamelunar

PostSubject: Re: A thousand mile journey begins with one step~   A thousand mile journey begins with one step~ EmptyTue Aug 12, 2014 4:46 am

Twilight was about to call out an order when she stopped. "Ah..." She softly murmured as she watched the Nidoran happily dig out earth. Curious as to what exactly was she doing, she cautiously crept a step closer. The fact that she hadn't been noticed yet gave her confidence to silently shuffle forward several more steps until she had closed at least half the previous distance. Her Pikachu silently padded beside her, sparking every now and then.
Back to top Go down
Marionette
Admin
Admin
Marionette

PostSubject: Re: A thousand mile journey begins with one step~   A thousand mile journey begins with one step~ EmptyWed Oct 01, 2014 11:07 am

(Gah, my posts are too short, I need to improve my random encounter posting x3)

The ground was a fickle medium for the Nidoran. Although it was becoming an area to protect the small Pokemon, at that moment it was more of a trap than a shelter. From all of the earth around her, and the constant scraping of dirt against claws, it was almost impossible for the Pokemon to hear anything that went on around her, especially while her focus laid elsewhere. The blue Pokemon continued her digging, unaware of the trainer's cautious approach. It would be up to Twilight to determine how to proceed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A thousand mile journey begins with one step~   A thousand mile journey begins with one step~ Empty

Back to top Go down

A thousand mile journey begins with one step~
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Pokemon Legacies :: The World of Pokemon :: Kanto Region :: Pallet Town-
Jump to: