Pokemon Legacies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pokemon Legacies

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Vote for Us!
List of Staff Members

For information about staff positions as well as the method of applying for staff, feel free to visit this thread.

-List currently under renovation-
Affiliates
None yet. Why don't you affiliate?

Image Updates and a User Poll

Go down 

Sprites or 3-D Models?
Use the current system: Static 3-D Models
Image Updates and a User Poll I_vote_lcap0%Image Updates and a User Poll I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Use a new system: Sprites, with more customization
Image Updates and a User Poll I_vote_lcap0%Image Updates and a User Poll I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Abstain/No Opinion
Image Updates and a User Poll I_vote_lcap100%Image Updates and a User Poll I_vote_rcap
 100% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 1

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Marionette
Admin
Admin
Marionette

Tokens : 10081

Image Updates and a User Poll Empty
PostSubject: Image Updates and a User Poll   Image Updates and a User Poll EmptyMon Jan 19, 2015 4:25 pm

Heyo all members that may still be here, I'm making this post to announce some minor, yet important things. First off, this site will be getting a few updated images to make everything look just a little nicer, some of which you may notice already. If things get a little crazy for a minute or so, that's just me messing with various things, so don't be too alarmed unless I, er, break something entirely ^^; I'm also working on something bigger that'll help make the site more integrated and unique, but it may take longer, so I'm not saying much on it now.

On the topic of images, I'd also like to take a quick moment to get some member feedback. Currently, we're using the 3-D models of Pokemon in things such as the Pokemon information sheet of the character page, but these can be limiting in a sense. For one, we can't use the animated ones that look super cool because it would take too long to recolor an animation of, say, a Light species Pokemon. I've done a recolor of one of the models before, so believe me when I say it's quite a hassle to recolor 50 or so frames... The stand-still models too bad, but it also limits some other creation aspects, such as Pokemon that may gain added features or the likes. With sprites, you could add custom ones and have better detailed Pokemon, such as if you wanted your character's Eevee to have a scarf on its picture, you could make up the sprite and have it added or visit a sprite shop to get one done. It could promote member and character development and make things more unique, though look less "modern" than the 3-D models. It could also allow for more free-formed and unique custom Pokemon that aren't like the Dark/Light/Albino Pokemon that simply change colors/typings, depending on what it is. There's no need to worry about Gen 6 sprites, there are many websites that have created sprites that are free to use and alter of all Kalos Pokemon.

So, to make a long(ish) description short, I'm setting up a poll to decide on the following:

-Use 3-D Models: Looks modern and spiffy, but limits creativity in some cases. Sometimes causes spacing issues, but looks fine for the most part~

-Use Sprites: More creativity and customization, they'll allow for more freedom in things like making specific character's Pokemon unique as well as allow custom Pokemon such as the Light species to be more unique in look, but they're less large and give a more "old" feel.

The poll will run for 10 days as of posting, and if no votes are cast by then, I'll decide what would work better.
Back to top Go down
https://pokemonlegacies.forumotion.com

Image Updates and a User Poll
Page 1 of 1